15 November 2010

tiny chic treehouse

 This past Saturday in San Francisco was like a summer's day.  At least, like a 'summer's day' in any other part of the country.  In San Francisco, I suppose, this time of the year is when we get our summer, something that I still find hard to accept, even after I have passed my ten year anniversary of residing here!

So on that sunny Saturday, my daughter and I climbed, (barefoot, mind you!) up to her treefort and made a dreamy little bedroom where she could lounge and read her favorite books.  You know, the kind of thing you do on a lazy summer's day.


The job entailed finding just the right tree branch that could double as a curtain rod; and then scouring through the assortment of 'stuff' in our garage, until we found the shower curtain clips that made it all come together.

And even though the sun was shining and the temperature was soaring above 75degrees, we hung Christmas ornaments and twinkling lights, knowing that the weather would soon honor the season and start to cool down.


And here is the finished piece...enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really love this post. So lovely, inspirational and relaxing and so typically beautiful, like everything you do!

    ReplyDelete

you might like this...