07 May 2013

Vogue's Met Gala--does it really matter?

I'm not sure that it does, in the big scheme of things.
But to me, Vogue's annual Met Ball is Fashion's 'high holiday'.

Greeted by Anna, on the staircase to the renowned Met, in the company of the world's most esteemed designers & muses, as well as some, umm, how shall I say, silly pop stars.    I should hope that they would do their best to impress. 

But it seems to me, that this year's Punk exhibit,
seemed to skew more than one attendee's sensibilities.  

But I'll focus on the positive, with those that I thought honored
the night and all its 'high holiday' specialness.

Caroline Murphy in Nina Ricci

Rooney Mara in Givenchy

Ms. Prada in Prada

Stella Tennant in Christopher Kane with Christoper Kane

Vanessa Redgrave--stunning!

Emma Watson in Prabal Gurung

Ashley Olsen in vintage Christian Dior

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might like this...